Monday, September 3, 2012

Football Crafted Accents...

So while my life doesn't revolve around football, and we are a few days out from kickoff I thought I would post some other things showing about me and my life. One of the most important days was December 5th, 2009. That is when I officially became the Queen of his Mancave! Our winter wonderland wedding had some football accents to showcase our love of football without overwhelmingly being a football themed affair. 

The year leading up to the wedding was a long and tedious process of DIY activities. My mom and I did all of the decorations and ideas on our own, before Pinterest existed!!

The Queen taking control of the game!!
This is one of my favorite poses of our bridal party. We also took this with the ushers. 


Head Table
 On the head table, the only small accents of our love for football... Each person in the bridal party had their team's pennant at their seat with an ornament that had their name on it.

Momzilla

 This is how the wedding weekend started on Friday December 4th, 2009 at 8:00 AM. A 24' enclosed trailer and 3 vehicles full of stuff. Not to mention the dead tree that I had cut down and spray painted silver... My mom was in her element making sure everything got done correctly and up to our standards! She was quite the momzilla, and I say that only with LOVE because it was as important to her for my day to be flawless as it was for Matthew and I!!

Tammy making my bouquet.

Finished bouquet

 My gorgeous bouquet. $50 in materials, and my mom's best friend put it together in about 20 minutes. It included 2-3 dozen fresh white roses with babies breath, artificial pine greenery, 2 artificial calla lilies, and ribbon.

Ceremony Location Setup
 The auditorium where our ceremony took place. It took a crew of people to get the trees all put together. I collected them at garage sales for a whole year. We had 8 or so trees.

Paper Designs
The programs, dessert bar menus, and dessert labels that I hand made. Luckily I had help with assembly.


Cheesecake Assembly Line


Sue on Duty
Brideslave 'joke' T-Shirt


Thursday December 3rd was the day of desserts, we spent 14 hours and had three shifts of friends, family, and my bridesmaids helping to make all of the desserts. I cannot even tell you every item we had but here's the short of it: several cheesecake flavors in assorted glassware, several types cookies, chocolate covered pretzels, pumpkin bread pudding, coffee parfaits, etc... the picture directly below was the dessert bar. It was 4 6 foot long rectangular tables, and one 5' round table. The round table was the "corner" and displayed the wedding cake. We also had another setup identical to this that was a beverage area, we had a coffee bar, tea, punch, beer, and some veggie trays for those non-existent people who don't eat sweets :-)


Dessert Bar Setup



Centerpiece (1 of 4)
One of the 4 types of centerpieces. The giant pine cones that we collected and then sprayed with adhesive and covered in silver glitter. A sparkly blue ornament, and a wooden snowflake with smaller pine cones. We also had white feather pine trees, 14" gold fish bowls filled with blue and silver ornaments, and silver "branch" trees with crystals and candles hanging in them. Each centerpiece type varied in size and created depth on the tables.

One Horse Sleigh
 A photo op in the kids play area... Yes we built it. Yes we had a kids area, I am a nanny and my husband's family has multiple sets of multiples! It was a must have, a word of advice- No Cheetos in the kids room. That was the only complaint I heard the whole wedding!! Other things we had in the kids room included toys, coloring books with crayons, stickers, etc...

Lighting the Unity Candle
The backdrop for the ceremony, several artificial trees with white lights.


Finally time to Party!

Bridal Party at Rehearsal Dinner

Entering into the reception, we entered to Faith Hill's Sunday Night Football song, and the bridal party entered the Monday Night Football song. The Philip Rivers jersey was a gift and surprise entrance addition for the hubby! I had one and only one screen printed jersey, I cut it right down the middle to not be outdone by his jersey! We are a house divided... and united by football!!Notice my heels are yellow to accommodate his demand for yellow to have Chargers colors in the wedding.


Mmmm Cake by Cindy Beck

Some of the displayed desserts. Also notice the added blue bodice on the dress, I had this made specifically for the reception to dress up my bargain dress. Enjoy...






2 comments:

  1. awww...those are incredible pics, Amanda. Kinda makes me tear up...seriously. I'm such a chick! Just beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! If only we'd met sooner.... you could've partied with us!!

    ReplyDelete